UNM Small Business Institute (SBI)
The UNM Small Business Institute (SBI) at Anderson provides consulting work for local start-ups, expanding businesses, nonprofit organizations and family enterprises. Every semester, 25-30 student teams comprised of 3-5 students, guided by a UNM Anderson faculty member, assist clients in preparing strategic business plans, financial analyses and marketing research studies. These mutually beneficial partnerships offer students an experiential learning opportunity while providing businesses with management assistance at an affordable rate.
- Assisted more than 700 clients since its founding in 1978.
- The past four years, SBI student teams have been awarded top rankings in the annual SBI Project of the Year program competing against 75+ colleges nationwide
- A recent independent study by the Mid-Region Council of Governments reported that between 2014 and 2015, UNM Small Business Institute's clients applied the recommendations of UNM student consulting teams and created 195 direct and indirect jobs with $8.28 million in wage and salary compensation.
- In addition, the study credits UNM Small Business Institute's clients with helping grow the state's economy by $14.05 million in gross domestic product.
- Marketing Research
- Finance and/or Profit Control
- Human Resources
- Business Plans
Project Fee Structure
All client project fees for the 2018-2019 academic year have been waived through the generous support of the Bank of America.
For More Information
For more information, please contact SBI either by email at email@example.com or call (505) 277-8869.
Please complete our online Client Application.