UNM Small Business Institute (SBI)
The UNM Small Business Institute (SBI)at Anderson provides consulting work for local businesses by linking them with graduate and undergraduate students who are guided by members of the faculty. These mutually beneficial partnerships simultaneously offer students the opportunity to experience real life challenges while providing businesses with management assistance, expertise and guidance at an affordable rate of $500 per project. This rate covers SBI scholarship funding and is reasonably inexpensive when compared to what professional consultation would cost. Payment is not required until both parties have signed the letter of engagement. There is no cost for application and no guarantee that every business that applies will be signed up to receive a project.
For more information about this opportunity or to sign up please fill out our online Client Application.
About the SBI:
- Established in 1978
- Successfully served over 600 businesses
- Works with approximately 15 businesses a semester
- Recent projects at UNM have placed nationally in SBI competitions
- These businesses include startups, expanding businesses, non-profit organizations and family businesses in every aspect of the public & private sectors: service, retail, and wholesale
Project fields include (but are not limited to):
- Business Plans
- Marketing Research
- Finance and/or Profit Control
- Human Resources
Space is limited; apply today for the upcoming semester’s program!